It turns out blanching spinach – like blanching anything – is a piece of cake. But just in case you aren’t sure (as I wasn’t at one time), here are some instructions to guide you.
- Was and prepare your spinach as desired. For example, if you want to cut off the stems or chop the spinach down, do so now.
- Bring a large pot of water to a bowl over high heat.
- Place a large handful of the spinach in the pot of bowling water.
- Wait about 30 seconds or until you see the spinach turning a deep green color.
- Using a large spoon or strainer, remove the spinach from the bowling water and place into a colander.
- Immediately run cold water over the spinach to stop the cooking process.
- Squeeze out any excess water in the spinach.
That’s it! Just keep repeating these directions for as much spinach as you have. Good luck!