Plain ‘ole beef hamburgers can get boring, but this recipe incorporates some onions as well as garlic salt to give the hamburgers an extra kick. I’ve tried these hamburgers a couple of times and were impress with their taste. Add on some delicious potato salad and watermelon and you’ve got a perfect summer meal!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated or finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- garlic salt (about 1 tbsp, as you’d like)
- Preheat an outdoor grill on high heat or use an indoor skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. You can use a spoon for this, but your hands work as well.
- Divide into eight balls of equal size.
- Pat down balls into patties, then push your thumb into the middle of each patty. This helps the patties to cook flat instead of bulging in the middle.
- Lightly oil the grate of your grill (or lightly oil your pan).
- Cook for about five minutes per side or until firm and no longer pink in the middle. On an indoor skillet, we recommend 8 minutes per side.
- Serve on toasted buns with whatever topping you like!