Pesto is one of the easiest things to make – assuming you have a food processor – and it adds a great kick to a number of different recipes. You’ll see me using pesto in a variety of places and when I do, this is the recipe I follow.
- 2 cups packed, fresh basil leaves (usually around 3 bunches)
- ¼ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (in a pinch, use regular, grated parmesan)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 large clove of garlic, quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place walnuts on baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until they’re fragrant and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse a few times before processing into a smooth paste. Be sure to scrape down sides occasionally.
Source: Eating Well