I was looking for a nice salad to accompany a delicious, rich mac ‘n cheese and I just couldn’t decide what kind to make. Would a green salad be best? Or maybe a potato salad? Potato salads seem a bit too heavy given the mac ‘n cheese. How about a bean salad? It wasn’t long until I found a delicious three bean salad that worked perfectly.
What really makes this three bean salad is the addition of feta cheese. Talk about a great addition! The feta gives it a nice kick. This salad is a wonderful summer accompaniment for meat, pastas, and more.
- 16 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red pepper, quartered lengthwise and cut into smaller chunks
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ears of cooked corn, kernels removed from cob
- ½ cup white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup feta, crumbled
- ⅓ cup fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- Put all of the beans, the red pepper, the tomatoes, and the corn into a large bowl and mix well.
- And the vinegar and toss all of it together.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Let the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix in the feta cheese and optionally the fresh oregano just prior to serving.
Source: A Thought For Food