You never know when you’re going to need candied pecans. They come in handy as a topping on ice cream or on top of yams for any holiday you’d like. This recipe isn’t hard to follow and results in delicious candied pecans.
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups pecans
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white until foamy.
- Add vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt to the egg white and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the pecans and mix well, making sure each and every pecan is well coated.
- Using a fork, transfer the pecans onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, being sure not to transfer excess mixture with them. Also make sure the pecans are separated on the sheet and do not bunch together.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool completely, and serve at room temperature. Alternatively, store in a zip lock bag for months at a time.
Source: Judicial Peach