A simple rice pilaf can accompany a number of dishes. There might not be anything inherently Turkish about this recipe, but you’ll find it served with numerous Turkish dishes, especially alongside fish or meat.
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 carrots (chopped in squares)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add carrots and peas and mix together for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and mix again.
- Add the chicken broth and salt. Adjust the salt to your taste.
- Cook on medium heat until it starts boiling and then turn to low heat.
- Cook until all the water is absorbed. No need to stir while cooking.
- Serve with meat or vegetable dishes.